Tuesday, July 7, 2009

the smiling cat owner

I spent the last few days running around after Bruce trying to make him swallow his pills.

Bruce was not well, the vet said he may have a serious liver ailment, evidenced by a blackish gooey substance deposited around his nostril and mouth. He prescribed a liver tonic, piriton to help de-stress Bruce and a round of antibiotics. Do cats really get stressed out? I almost wondered out loud but didn't want to antagonize the vet who was giving his best opinion. But Bruce was gaining weight nicely, at 6 months he's weighing in at 2.975 kg. Whatever, I took him home and vowed to make sure he gets all the rest and medication he needed.

But Bruce had other things on his mind...he made me run more than I had done so in the last 6 months of my life. He wasn't taking it sitting down! He fought and twisted and turned his head until it was almost impossible to hold onto him without breaking his leg or his neck in the process.

Well, i thought...as intelligent as he is...I am going to fool him if it's the last thing I do.

So after the first two days, he's been such an angel, and has been swallowing his pills without any protest, all nicely embedded in chunks of tuna dished out to him.

Oh Bruce! Who's having the last laugh now?


(Sorry guys, since the owner prefers to remain incognito, all you get to see is an image of the smiling cat~not the cat owner, and since i couldn't get Bruce to pose nicely, this one is from the net)


No comments: