Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My husband's a maniac!

A chessmaniac! That's what he was, is now, and I'm quite convinced, forever will be.

Ever since he knows how to log on the chessmaniac website, I have not been able to wrest him away from the PC whereas he is what the malay proverb describe in si kudung mendapat cincin (literally translated like the fingerless given a ring) when it comes to PC, despite my best teaching efforts. And now suddenly, he's all computer savvy.

About 3 years ago, the same thing happened. I took pity when all he could manage on the PC was to play solitaire, so I registered him as a chessmaniac. He was all excited when he could pit his chess prowess against some unknown fellow chessmaniac halfway across the world and kept rising in rank and rating that nothing could have moved him, not even an earthquake. So I did what any good wife would~ take away the evil temptation! No, I didn't throw the PC down the river....I changed his log in password. And the poor guy couldn't for the life of him figure out what went wrong.

Hmm....I got to figure out a new trick this time around before he makes a cavity in the floor where he sits for hours on end. I think I may just learn enough chess to beat him at his favourite game. Or better still, sabotage all his moves when he's not around...after all, wasn't chess invented by women?

Watch Mo Amer...he agrees...



1 comment:

kak ja said...

Berdosa ooiii buat naya kat lak*..