Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tengku Shuib and his successors!


He looked resplendent in his ivory Baju Melayu, complete with black kain sampin songket with gold threaded motif. As he caught my eyes from across the room, there was a twinkle in his eyes and he gave me a meaningful wink. Yes, that was the day, we were to be united as man and wife, and the wink was a signal of a secret and hope we both shared for our life ahead.



As he lowered himself onto the tikar sila, he looked so handsome I had to pinch myself to convince myself that I was not dreaming. This guy, who had won my heart after the many who tried and failed. My prayers were that God in HIS Grace would allow this love welling inside my heart to go on till the end of time.

After the formalities were done with, the imam who was to solemnise the marriage vows came and asked me if I agreed to this union. And what is a girl to say, in this instance? To say, YES! seemed so unbecoming of how a bashful Malay bride should behave. To say, NO! is completely opposite to the joyful thumping of my heart. So, I did what I have heard from some old wives, `Kalau diam, tu tanda setuju' (Loosely translated, to keep quiet is to give consent), I smiled, lowered my head and said nothing. That seemed to be enough for the kindly Imam and he took his seat infront of my groom.

With one utterance of Aku terima nikah nya, Anneaziz dengan maskahwinnya sebanyak ...I was bound to him in law and religion as his wife. The warm, fuzzy feeling welled in my heart and for the first time in my life, I knew and felt what deliriously happy meant. Tengku Shuib and I were free to chart our life together and that day was the first day of the rest of our life.




(This is not Tengku Shuib but the happiness on the bride's face mirrored her happiness. Courtesy to LOCOPhotography)

I would wake up every morning thereafter for the next few days with the same warm fuzzy feeling in my heart. Nothing could rile me and nothing made me cross, the weather was always sunny and beautiful and there was a smile always playing on my lips.

How could a dream give me so much joy? The feeling of loving someone and being loved in return warms the heart, even though it was just a dream. Many years have passed since that day, but I could recall distinctly how he looked that night we wed. In fact I can remember his name with certainty and his face is etched in my mind.

Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all~ so said Tennyson.

Thank you GOD for that experience of being in LOVE.

The second time I got married in my dream was to a face so familiar, it tickled my heart to this day. The groom is a singer cum actor and I must have watched him sing or act in a movie that evening before I plonked down for the night. Beatman, Yiko! WAKAKA! I still roll over laughing! The chances of such union is so remote that it is downright unthinkable. He would have to be blind and mute and dumb...





The third time was to a man with an old Malay name. It was just a dream that came and went and I cannot remember much of him or ` our marriage'. Except his kiss....


Dreams and its significance. Am I starved for love? Sometimes I ask myself...

10 comments:

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Anne!
I'm speechless! Three weddings? tsk tsk tsk
Imagine Bruce having three fathers...eeeuwww! purrrr meow!

Queenie said...

is it true, anne? wow!
err...act'ly i'm still blur..
apa benar n apa maksud ni semua?
anne...pls...puuuusss...nyaaauuu...

neway, kimpap ok?

anneaziz said...

Dear cat,

Itu yang boleh ingat...ntah2 banyak lagi...?

anneaziz said...

Salam QJ

Jangan biarkan hidup anda diselubungi MISTERI....kakakka!

Lili said...

Dear Anne,

I was fidgeting in my seat, thrilled at the thought of you finally came out with your wedding day memories. Perhaps it was your anniversary, methought. But then, a dream? You really got me dipermainkan! Haha! Oh boy, to even have a name at that!
I laughed too at the marriage to a celeb... and a man with an old Malay name! What a dream!

CS said...

Dear Anne, rasa macam nak kopi pes kata2 lili cos I was thinking the same thing, HAHAHA <- in caps mind you.

I takde mimpi kawen2 cenggitu tapi mimpi dot3, adalaaa..

anneaziz said...

Salam Ateh,

Tak boleh lupa kat Tengku Shuib sampai bila2. Rasanya kalau jumpa boleh kenal lagi! First love lah katakan...

anneaziz said...

Salam CS,

Mimpi i kira innocent lah...cinta tulus ikhlas punye!

You punya mimpi dot, dot, dot yang hazardous to health!

Ada lagi siri mimpi best nih...

Unknown said...

..allow me the liberty of a smile..:)
could this be a tiny step towards squaring up to you demons?..I would like to thing so..and if it is..cheers..

anneaziz said...

Salam Pakmat,

Is it? Isn't it?

Some things are better left unsaid...

Cheers!