Thursday, October 29, 2009

AN EXPLOSION OF LUST

Save for a few lines in contradiction with my faith, i think this short poem is deep and powerful.


Explosion of lust - Marcus.Graham

An Explosion of lust
The brightness of brights
on the blackest of nights
Children run like ants
i'm blind , i'm blind they scream
as a flood of ash takes the city
the red Poseidon looks into my eyes
eyes are open
mind is closed
look through all the faults i've made
god is my grenade
and we all speak with guns in out mouths
fading smiles glisten with mold and absence of any emotion
a decade passes and all are bodies turn to dust
Feel no love.. factories hold together my heart so broken
i feel the tears of the ocean
sweep under my eyelids like a tsunami flooding through me
as the explosion goes back into me
and what was loved is now all forgotten
no eyes can judge me because all men are blind
i'm the cheapest vodka
i'm the weakest saviour
my body is your broken temple..
and you are my distorted prayer
i'm a turtle trapped inside my own shell
dreaming of a kiss that could never be
love has always been imaginary
All that was once in place is now shattered glass
Love is the atom bomb
Your words are like napalm
Never has anything been more true
as my bones begin to shatter
and the world shatters too
i read my final transcript
and have my last communion
watch the wave of ash go over my head
and hope that god will save me when i'm dead.




2 comments:

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Anne,
Lust? Wow! hmmmm...you're lucky I'm not lusting after Bruce. You are indeed cememeh...heheheh. meow!

anneaziz said...

Dear Cat...

Love is but lust....I have a barbed arrow in my heart...

bruce would love to lust after him..