Monday, June 15, 2009

The passage of time

Too long...that's what it has been since my last posting. In the blink of an eye, almost a year has passed since my last posting. The prodigal daughter i wrote about in my first posting has actually completed her matriculation and is embarking on a new era of her tertiary education, that of the ivory tower. As a mother, a mixed feeling of apprehension, pride and hope greets me at the prospect of her leaving the nest again after her two months break. This time she will take her steps into the pseudo adult world, living and coping with all the trials and tribulations of an independent life albeit in a small community of peers and lecturers in campus.

Good luck ayang! Mama selalu doakan kebaikan dunia akhirat untuk ayang. I have tried to teach and prepare you the best way i know how, although I am hardly perfect myself (I know you would agree wholeheartedly cos I can almost see you rolling your eyes everytime you think I make an unkind remark about maktok, but you will come to understand, mothers and daughters are like that...can't stand them when they are around and miss them like crazy when they aren't)

REMEMBER , mum's here...tell me whatever you want and know that I will still love you, unconditionally.

No comments: